This Used to be a Closet: In-house labs
Debra Bennett has no relevant financial relationships to disclose. The content and format of this course is presented without commercial bias and does not claim superiority of any commercial product or service.
In‐house edging and surfacing labs can increase business and patient satisfaction due to speed and cost‐saving procedures. This course is designed to increase the eye care professional’s (ECP) overall knowledge of lab equipment and procedures, with an emphasis on systems designed for in‐house use.
- Recognize the analyses needed to evaluate providing in-house services
- Assess whether in-house or outsourcing services is best
- Review financial and practical benefits of in-house labs
- Recall set up processes
- Compare equipment features and lens inventories
- Review surfacing steps, edging steps and inspection procedures
- Evaluate and reduce risks
- Predict benefits and features for the future