Soft Contact Lenses: Best Practices
Debra Bennett has no relevant financial relationships to disclose. The content and format of this course is presented without commercial bias and does not claim superiority of any commercial product or service.
The optician who works with contact lens patients will be called upon to assist in patient fitting, lens choice and also implementing advanced diagnostic techniques when needed. The optician will also be able to offer the patient a custom fit in a soft lens as well as skilled troubleshooting on the rare occasion that a problem is perceived.
- Classify lens materials by schedules, chemistry and replacement timing
- Determine the best lens parameters using progressive interpretation of the Rx
- Determine optimal material for patient lifestyle
- Assess a diagnostic fit using new lens parameters and evaluation methods
- Utilize advanced steps to troubleshoot and solve any lens or patient problems
- Apply proper communication by sharing facets of patient education with the patient when requested