Soft Contact Lens Care & Patient Education
Author: Debra Bennett, ABOC, NCLE-AC
Debra Bennett has no relevant financial relationships to disclose. The content and format of this course is presented without commercial bias and does not claim superiority of any commercial product or service.
The purpose of this course is to help refine the ECP’s ability to choose an optimal soft contact lens care system as well as best practices for patient training. A partnership between the patient and the ECP using various learning methods will lead to better patient compliance. The course ends with a listing of many patient noncompliance complications. The course is an overview on care and how to best guide a patient in the care and use of contact lenses and care systems.
- Identify the functions of different lens materials and solutions available for soft contact lenses
- Identify the care system routines
- Recommend one care system routine over another on a patient-by-patient basis
- Review and learn usual standards and procedures for dispensing soft contact lenses
- Demonstrate the ability to educate the patient on insertion and removal tactics and care and handling of the lenses
There is a 40-question test at the end of the course. A successful passing score of 80% is required on all ABO-NLCE continuing education courses in order to earn the designated number of credits. You will know your grade instantly after completing the course.