Rx Sunwear / Rimless Eyewear
Debra Bennett has no relevant financial relationships to disclose. The content and format of this course is presented without commercial bias and does not claim superiority of any commercial product or service.
This course starts with a presentation of the potentially adverse effects of ultraviolet radiation (UV) on the eyes and then identifies ways to protect the visual system from over exposure to UV. It goes on to include a brief presentation of the electromagnetic spectrum and illustrates where ultraviolet, visible light, and infrared fit in to the overall spectrum. The subject of tints, coatings, density designations for plastic and glass lenses, is covered.
- Detect the adverse effects of ultraviolet radiation (UV) on the eyes and recognize the importance of protecting the visual system from overexposure to UV.
- Identify and evaluate various methods and techniques to effectively protect the eyes from UV radiation.
- Recall the electromagnetic spectrum and its components, including ultraviolet, visible light, and infrared, and comprehend their positions within the spectrum.
- Identify the concepts of polarization and photochromics, including their significance in eye protection and visual comfort.
- Analyze the benefits and features of polarization and photochromic technologies and their applications in eyewear.
- Demonstrate an understanding of wrap sunwear and its advantages in terms of eye protection and style.