Progressive and Advanced Design Multifocal Lenses
Author: Debra Bennett, ABOC, NCLE-AC
Debra Bennett has no relevant financial relationships to disclose. The content and format of this course is presented without commercial bias and does not claim superiority of any commercial product or service.
The optics of progressive lenses continues to improve as lens manufacturers create more sophisticated designs. The choices in progressive lenses, including those with personalized designs and measurements, provide the opportunity for an ECP to find the optimal lens for each presbyopic patient.
- Recall the history of progressive lenses
- Identify various multifocal lens functions
- Recommend the best option for the patient
- Solve through troubleshooting common patient concerns or issues with adaptation
- Demonstrate the ability to create manageable patient expectations and be a supportive resource for the patient
There is a 40-question test at the end of the course. A successful passing score of 80% is required on all ABO-NLCE continuing education courses in order to earn the designated number of credits. You will know your grade instantly after completing the course.