Prism: A Fresh Angle on the Subject
Debra Bennett has no relevant financial relationships to disclose. The content and format of this course is presented without commercial bias and does not claim superiority of any commercial product or service.
This course is designed to expand the knowledge of the eye care professional (ECP) regarding prism, including scientific optical premises, diplopia in patients, and associated tests and treatments. The course covers the physical conditions that may lead to diplopia or other conditions that may be treated with the use of prism eyeglasses. After completing the course, an ECP will have expanded comprehension of this specialized ophthalmic subject.
- Recall the knowledge of basic prism
- Determine the use of prism eyeglasses
- Recognize the causes and effects of diplopia
- Identify the types of tests and equipment needed for diagnosis and treatment
- Demonstrate the ability to provide patient care with prism eyeglasses
There is a 40-question test at the end of the course. A successful passing score of 80% is required on all ABO-NLCE continuing education courses in order to earn the designated number of credits. You will know your grade instantly after completing the course.