Industrial Safety Eyewear Part 1
Debra Bennett has no relevant financial relationships to disclose. The content and format of this course is presented without commercial bias and does not claim superiority of any commercial product or service.
This course will assist both the experienced and new eye care professional (ECP) to better understand when industrial safety eyewear is mandated by OSHA requirements, and what types of protective devices are available. The course first covers OSHA recommendations and the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) available, especially PPE related to the eye. Impact and chemical hazards are itemized, along with the type of PPE needed.
While the course is technically part one of two parts, it can stand alone. This course serves as both a refresher for seasoned eye care professionals, as well as a thorough introduction for the newer ECP who will be dispensing protective or safety eyewear.
- Interpret OSHA requirements pertaining to industrial safety eyewear
- Apply OSHA requirements when fitting industrial safety eyewear
- Recognize what types of protective devices are available
- Match the corresponding equipment with the mandated requirement
- Define terminology as discussed in the glossary of the course