Glaucoma: Causes, Treatments and Care
Debra Bennett has no relevant financial relationships to disclose. The content and format of this course is presented without commercial bias and does not claim superiority of any commercial product or service.
The dispensing optician may not work directly with a glaucoma patient; however, an understanding of this disease will help the ECP to understand the disease and the serious symptoms. Upon completion of this course, the ECP will have a better understanding of the disease, causes, symptoms and available methods of treatment.
- Recognize the symptoms of glaucoma
- Identify and understand the tests to determine glaucoma
- Describe the various glaucoma methods
- Summarize glaucoma research
- Demonstrate the ability to share facets of patient education with the patient when requested
There is a 40-question test at the end of the course. A successful passing score of 80% is required on all ABO-NLCE continuing education courses in order to earn the designated number of credits. You will know your grade instantly after completing the course.