Contact Lens Patient Selection
Author: Debra Bennett, ABOC, NCLE‐AC
Debra Bennett has no relevant financial relationships to disclose. The content and format of this course is presented without commercial bias and does not claim superiority of any commercial product or service.
From a patient’s initial contact with the dispensary, through each and every follow up or check in appointment, all of the office staff set the tone for success. Make no mistake about it, this is a team effort. Many aspects of patient interaction are covered in the course, with a heavy emphasis on choosing the right patient: one who is motivated, follows instructions well, and actually becomes a part of the fitting team. By customizing and using many of the procedures and steps covered in the course, it is likely that the practice will see the creation of a successful fit and a continuing partnership with a happy patient.
- Compare and contrast the phone interview versus the in-office interview
- Analyze indications and contraindications for contact lenses
- Determine when to say “no” if needed
- How to ensure that “yes” really is the best path
- Identify physiological aspects of patient selection
- Categorize various tests and their functions
- Relate tests and procedures to the patient
There is a 40-question test at the end of the course. A successful passing score of 80% is required on all ABO-NLCE continuing education courses in order to earn the designated number of credits. You will know your grade instantly after completing the course.