Everything Old Is New Again – Lens Treatments
Debra Bennett has no relevant financial relationships to disclose. The content and format of this course is presented without commercial bias and does not claim superiority of any commercial product or service.
In order to provide the best vision for patients, the eye care professional (ECP) can offer materials and coatings that match lifestyle needs. In choosing lens substrates, coatings and other features, the ECP can create a lens package this is suited to the individual patient. This type of personalization can help to make a patient feel understood and appreciated, while it gives the ECP an opportunity to offer the best lens package.
- Identify the function and uses for anti-reflective (AR) coating
- Describe the process to apply an AR coating
- Select a lab to meet patient needs
- Summarize and present different lens options to the patient
- Recommend tints and photochromic lens options
- Describe and recommend polarized lens options
- Demonstrate lens bundles or packages
There is a 40-question test at the end of the course. A successful passing score of 80% is required on all ABO-NLCE continuing education courses in order to earn the designated number of credits. You will know your grade instantly after completing the course.